After the Light
A popular girl of Blackall
Wore a newspaper dress to a ball
Her rig-out caught fire
And burned her entire
Front page, sporting section and all.
Blackall QLD was named by Surveyor Abraham H. May after Sir Samuel Blackall, the second Governor of Queensland. During the 1860s the town developed as a service centre for the surrounding pastoral properties. A survey of town allotments was conducted in 1868. Blackall QLD is located 284m above sea-level and 964km north-west of Brisbane.
On the outer Barcoo, where churches are few
and men of religion are scanty,
On a road seldom crossed save by folk who are lost
One Michael Magee had a shanty.
964km north-west from Brisbane QLD
Sep / Oct MMXX